At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 110+ year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for a Project Accountant who wants to be a part of a stable and growing company. The primary responsibility of the Project Accountant (PA) is to monitor job profitability for his/her respective district. The PA is responsible for many projects at a time.
• Budget/Contract set-up and maintenance
• Start with reconciling the original cost budget and contract. They will be responsible for the reporting of all pending and approved change orders throughout the job.
• Qty. updates & Back charges
• Subcontracts processing
• Long form P.O’s on tracking actual and committed costs
• Committed Cost Reconciliation/Accruals
• Month End Reporting
• Maintain an accurate contract and billing based on correspondence from the owner.
• Attend pre-construction meetings (on larger projects)
• Time and Material billings
• Responsible for providing accurate cost reports
• Minimum of 2 years of Cost Accounting in the construction industry.
• Minimum 3 years of accounting experience working with an integrated construction accounting software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience in cost analysis
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
Only local candidates will be considered. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Visit us at: www.griffithcompany.net
We are an equal opportunity employer and employee-owned company